Over 300 of the datasets and maps available on the Colorado Information Marketplace have been curated and are maintained by the Colorado Secretary of State’s Business Intelligence Center (BIC) in collaboration with the agency providing the data. Find these datasets on CIM using keyword “gocodecolorado” to search for type = dataset -or- type = map to discover them as a subset of all the available resources on the CIM
This page features a thematically organized list of datasets that are a small subset of the total count of cleaned datasets. These are featured for their enhanced metadata, but all BIC datasets are made machine readable, discoverable, and with good metadata. Also check out the Search Dataset Connections tool (on this site) for a different experience exploring the relationships between data.
Uniform Commercial Code Datasets
These datasets include info on financing statements, effective financing statements (EFS), and liens.
- Collateral Information in Colorado – Includes action reference codes and types, farm products and additional collateral information.
- Debtor Information in Colorado – Includes action reference codes and types, debtor name, address and status.
- Filing Information in Colorado – Includes information on the entity id and transaction id, the filing date, filing type, lapse date, financial statement type and a mobile home flag column
The BIC has created a Uniform Commercial Code video providing additional context about Uniform Commercial Code.
View all the Uniform Commercial Code data on Colorado Information Marketplace or use the inventory at the bottom of the page to see all related datasets.
The Colorado Department of State publishes these amazing business datasets:
- Business Entities in Colorado – Colorado Business Entities (corporations, LLCs, etc.) registered with the Colorado Department of State (CDOS) since 1864.
- Business Entity Transaction History – History of all business entity transactions with the Colorado Department of State (CDOS). The dataset goes back to the 1800’s and contains millions of records.
- Trade Names for Businesses in Colorado – Business data includes trade names or business name, address, commercial products or services by the Colorado Department of State (CDOS).
The BIC also publishes the following resource on using the above business entities datasets: Business Locations and Industry Type. Use this link to see all BIC datasets on CIM with the category “business”. The BIC has created a Business Data video providing additional context about all SOS datasets.
The BIC publishes the following two county-level restaurant inspections datasets and is working to make more public:
- Restaurant Inspections in Tri-County Colorado – Restaurant Inspection data for food service facilities within Adams, Arapahoe, and Douglas counties in Colorado provided by Tri-County Health Department (TCHD).
- Restaurant Inspections in Boulder County Colorado – Restaurant Inspection data for food service facilities within Boulder County, CO provided by Boulder County.
The BIC publishes the following two county-level septic datasets and is working to make more public:
- Septic Systems in Boulder County Colorado – Parcels in Mesa County Colorado with septic system activity status.
- Septic System Locations in Mesa County Colorado – Septic system data including type, status, location, etc for dwellings within Boulder County, CO provided by Boulder County.
BIC Curates two datasets from the FBI Crime Data Explorer:
- Crimes in Colorado – Offenses in Colorado for 2016 and 2017 by Agency. This dataset is to be updated annually.
- Crimes in Colorado 1997 – 2015 – Crime stats for the State of Colorado from 1997 to 2015.
- Crime Arrests by Police District 2001-2016 in Colorado – This dataset is static. Criminal arrests summarized by type of crime for police districts in Colorado from 2001 to 2016.
- Crime Offenses by Police District 2001-2016 in Colorado – This dataset is static. Criminal offenses summarized by type of crime for police districts in Colorado for 2001 to 2016.
Documentation on these crime datasets will soon be available on the kbase.
There are so many datasets and columns associated with the census data that there is a Census Datasets on Colorado Information Marketplace which contains the name and API id for each dataset. Need more in-depth explanations and a guide? Check out the DOLA census page on the Go Code knowledge base.
Race, Single Age, and gender
- Race Estimates in Colorado – Population estimates by race, age, and gender by counties in Colorado from 2010 to 2016 from the Demography Department of the Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA).
- Population Projections in Colorado – Actual and predicted population data by gender and age from the Department of Local Affairs (DOLA), from 1990 to 2040.
In-depth documentation will on Marijuana revenue and taxes will be published to the Go Code Colorado kbase.
- Marijuana Sales Revenue – Monthly sales revenue by county provided by the Colorado Department of Revenue.
- Marijuana Sales Tax Revenue in Colorado – Monthly state sales tax (2.9%) revenue from medical marijuana and retail marijuana by county. There is also marijuana tax revenue reported by county and city.
Consumer Price Index and Gross Domestic Product
- Consumer Price Index – Consumer Price Index (CPI) for the state from US Bureau of Labor and Statistics from 1913 to 2014 provided by the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment (CDLE).
- GDP by Metropolitan Statistical Area in Colorado – Gross Domestic Production (GDP) in millions of 2009 Dollars by industry per Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), from 2001 to 2017 in Colorado, as provided by the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA).
- Unemployment Estimates in Colorado – Labor force and unemployment estimates by month and county and Metropolitan Statistical Area since 1990
- Employee Counts by Industry in Colorado – Employment counts by SIC and NAICS codes, county, and quarter since 2000
- Long-Term Employment Projections in Colorado – Long-Term (ten-year) estimations, projections, and growth rates for industry and occupation by geographic area in Colorado
- Personal Income in Colorado – Income (per capita or total) for each county by year with rank and population since 1969.
Also check out the CDLE Labor Market Information on our knowledge base!