Find out more about the requirements for participating in the Go Code Colorado competition that challenges multidisciplinary teams to turn public data into useful business insights and tools.
Use public data to help businesses (both for-profit and not-for-profit) improve their companies and communities.
To participate in the Go Code Colorado competition, participants must follow rules and Go Code Colorado policies. In addition to being a person at least 14 years of age (under 18 must provide proof of parental consent) who legally resides in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. Read the Rules and Judging Criteria to learn all requirements and guidelines of the competition.
GitHub is a development platform that allows Go Code Colorado participants to host and review code, manage projects and build software alongside other developers. As a partner to Go Code Colorado, GitHub is providing a “GoCodeColorado” organization account, where all teams are required to push the code for their competition entries. For more details about GitHub, and all In-Kind Tech for the competition, read Additional Resources under the Data menu.
The Go Code Colorado competition is made up of a series of events that engage the entire state.
- Kick-Off(s) – Kick-Off #1 is Feb 6, 2020 and Kick-Off #2 is – Feb 13, 2020
Go Code Colorado organizers recommend that anyone interested in the competition attends this celebration of Colorado tech and entrepreneurship, which includes the launch of the 2020 Go Code Colorado Challenge.
- Challenge Day(s) – Challenge Day occurs in two locations. All competing teams are required to have a presence at Challenge Day. Locations:
- Challenge Day # 1 – March 21, 2020 @ FACTORY at Maverick Innovation Center (CMU) 730 Mesa Ave, Grand Junction, CO
- Challenge Day # 2 – March 28, 2020 @ General Assembly @ Industry RINO Station 3858 Walnut St Denver, CO
- Final Competition Event: Denver – Everyone is invited to watch the 12 finalist teams pitch their entries before a panel of judges.
- Final Competition and Awards Event – May 28, 2020 @ EXDO 1399 35th St Denver CO
Here are all the ways you can stay informed about Go Code Colorado:
- Join our email newsletter.
- Sign-up for Go Code Colorado #Slack, which includes the following channels: #findateam, #find-a-mentor, #data, and other channels related to tech resources.
- Follow us:
#GoCodeColorado #GoCodeCO #PublicData (#publicdata) #OpenData (#opendata)
And, if you haven’t already, make sure you read up on: