This page provides information about Go Code Colorado 2018. Check back early 2019 for information about the next Go Code Colorado.
Go Code Colorado CHALLENGE: Official Participant Rules 2018
The Go Code Colorado Challenge is sponsored by Go Code Colorado, the Colorado Department of State, and the State of Colorado, 1700 Broadway Suite 200, Denver CO 80290, gocode.colorado.gov.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED.
- To enter the Go Code Colorado Challenge, log on to gocode.colorado.gov, click on EVENTS, and register to attend one of the five Challenge Weekend events.
- Participants must submit an entry that uses public data to assist with a business decision-making process.
- In creating their entry, participants must use at least one dataset that is publicly available on the Colorado Information Marketplace (CIM), which can be found at data.colorado.gov. Participants may also use private data and public data that does not come from CIM in addition to at least one public dataset from CIM.
- Participants may participate in the Challenge Weekend in one of the five Go Code Colorado regions: Colorado Springs, Denver, Durango, Fort Collins or Grand Junction.
- The Challenge Weekend will begin on Friday, April 13, 2018, at 6:00 PM MDT and end on Sunday, April 15, 2018, at 5:00 PM MDT. Participants must submit their entry by April 15, 2018, at 5:00 PM MDT.
- During Challenge Weekend, at least one team member must be present at each of the designated check-in times during the weekend as follows: Friday, April 13, 2018, from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM MDT; Saturday, April 14, 2018, from 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM MDT; and Sunday, April 15, 2018, from 5:00 PM MDT until the event ends.
- A panel of qualified judges, selected by Go Code Colorado, (“Judges”) will review all submissions at the end of the Challenge Weekend and, based on the judging criteria as published on gocode.colorado.gov, will choose the top two teams from each location.
- The top two teams from each of the five Challenge Weekend locations (the “Finalist Teams”) will move on to the next round of competition (the “Final Competition”).
- The Finalist Teams may participate in the Mentor Weekend.
- The Finalist Teams must submit their entries for the Final Competition by Saturday, June 2, 2018, at 3:00 PM MDT.
- To be eligible to win, the Finalist Teams must attend the Final Competition in Denver, Colorado on June 7, 2018, at 6:00 PM MDT until close, location to be announced on gocode.colorado.gov. The Finalist Teams will pitch their ideas and present the features of their entry to the Judges.
- Judges, in their sole discretion, will select the winners of the Final Competition based on the judging criteria as published on gocode.colorado.gov.
- Winners will be announced at the Final Competition on June 7, 2018.
YOU MAY ONLY COMPETE IF:
- You are an individual legally residing in one of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia or you are a corporation, LLC, or other organization that is domiciled in the United States and properly formed at the time of entry.
- You are fourteen years old or older. If you are under eighteen years old, you must identify yourself as a minor and provide proof of parental consent.
- If you are a team, corporation, or nonprofit organization, all individual members must meet the eligibility requirements.
- If you have participated in the Go Code Colorado Challenge previously, you may participate again if you meet all of the other eligibility requirements.
- An individual may join more than one team.
- A team must consist of at least two people.
- You must disclose any actual or potential conflicts of interest you have with: (a) an employee of a sponsor; (b) employees or contractors of Go Code Colorado; (c) the Colorado Department of State; (d) the State of Colorado; (e) competition Judges, their immediate families (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children), and household members (people who share the same residence at least three months out of the year); (f) competition mentors, their immediate families, and household members.
- All programs associated with Go Code Colorado are subject to all applicable United States federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- By participating in Go Code Colorado, you agree to any and all Go Code Colorado rules and procedures and understand and agree that the Judges’ decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Go Code Colorado Challenge.
- You have no right, power, or authority to bind Go Code Colorado, the Colorado Department of State, and the State of Colorado to the fulfillment of any condition, contract, or obligation or to create any liability binding on Go Code Colorado, the Colorado Department of State, and the State of Colorado.
- You may not be an employee or independent contractor of Go Code Colorado, the Colorado Department of State, the Business Intelligence Center, or the Offices of the Governor (including, but not limited to, the Office of Economic Development and International Trade and the Office of Information Technology).
- All entries created for the Go Code Colorado Challenge must be newly written. “Newly written” means that the application was not a minimally viable product or completed product and was not commercially available or publicly accessible before February 7, 2018. You may use source code, sample code, libraries, SDKs, and APIs that were publicly available before February 7, 2018.
- Each team must submit the code and related documentation for their entry to a repository on GitHub, within the Go Code Colorado organization, by 5:00 PM MDT on April 15, 2018, for the Challenge Weekend. The submission must include all source code of the entry.
- Each team must submit a completed, accurate Challenge Weekend Acknowledgement and Disclosure of Team Members form by 5:00 PM MDT on April 15, 2018, for Challenge Weekend.
- Each Finalist Team must submit the code and related documentation for their entry to a repository on GitHub, within the Go Code Colorado organization, by 3:00 PM MDT on June 2, 2018, for the Final Competition. The submission must include all source code, a README file with documentation, and a data architecture diagram.
- Each Finalist Team must submit a completed, accurate “Final Competition Acknowledgement and Disclosure of Team Members” form by 5:00 PM MDT on June 7, 2018, for the Final Competition.
- For Finalist Teams to be eligible to win an award at the Final Competition, your submission must be a minimum viable product. This means a product that is viable for use by public users.
- The submission will be reviewed for technical merit as part of the final judging criteria.
- All materials submitted to Go Code Colorado must be in English.
- Go Code Colorado reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is offensive, as determined by Go Code Colorado, in our sole discretion. Please ensure your entry is appropriate for all viewing audiences.
- Each of the Finalist Teams will receive a cash award of $2,500. The odds of winning depend on the number of registered participants.
- Each of the winners of the Final Competition will receive an award. Winners will be awarded a package including cash award incentives and in-kind offers. Each package is worth an average retail value of $15,000. The odds of winning depend on the number of registered participants.
- Go Code Colorado reserves the right to assess your eligibility and compliance with these Official Participant Rules at any point during the event series. If Go Code Colorado requires any assistance in order to assess your compliance, you must promptly provide that assistance. If you do not provide the requested assistance in a timely manner, or if Go Code Colorado has reason to believe that you are not complying with the Official Participant Rules, you may be disqualified, in Go Code Colorado’s sole discretion.
- Go Code Colorado reserves the right to modify the terms of these Official Participant Rules at any time in its sole and exclusive discretion. All notifications and changes to these Official Participant Rules will be posted on gocode.colorado.gov.
REVISED AS OF APRIL 12, 2018