On this page you will find the following legal information about Go Code Colorado:
Please choose carefully the information you post on the blog to share. Go Code Colorado encourages on-topic and respectful comments. We value your right to speak freely and want to create a healthy community that fosters productive discourse. To achieve that goal, Go Code Colorado has some rules regarding what you can post. We reserve the right to remove comments posted on the blog that violate this policy. Go Code Colorado does not currently moderate comments before they are posted, but our automated spam filter may block or remove certain posts.
Under this policy, we reserve the right to block or remove comments that:
- Contain patently offensive material, including obscene, vulgar or indecent language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups;
- Make unsupported accusations (such as those that are libelous, defamatory, or slanderous);
- Are harassing or threatening (e.g. cyber-stalking/cyber-harassment);
- Promote commercial products, services, companies, or websites. (If links/promotions are related to the topic of the blog post or another comment, they are OK.);
- Promote illegal activity;
- Include personal contact information (email, phone number, addresses);
- Are clearly off-topic;
- Are spam.
All comments on this blog do not represent the official views of the state of Colorado, the U.S. government, any administrative agency, or any government officer or employee thereof.
Go Code Colorado does not advertise nor endorse any non-governmental company, or any commercial products, services, or websites. Any references to commercial products, services, companies, or websites—in the comments or otherwise—do not reflect the opinions of, nor should they be construed as an advertisement or endorsement by the state of Colorado, the U.S. Government, any administrative agency, or any government officer or employee thereof.
If you have questions about the program or have concerns about the blog, please direct them to Andrew.Cole@sos.state.co.us. Please do not ask these questions in the blog comments unless they related to the subject of the post. If you are a reporter, please contact Andrew.Cole@sos.state.co.us if you have questions or need more information.
Finally, in order to keep discussions on topic and limit the amount of spam posted on the blog, commenting will close after 90 days, unless otherwise indicated.
Thank you again for taking the time to read this comment policy. If you have further questions about the policy or how we apply it, please feel free to contact us at Andrew.Cole@sos.state.co.us.
REVISED AS OF APRIL 1, 2014
A SPECIAL NOTICE ABOUT CHILDREN
Children (under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the Website unsupervised. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this Website in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parents or guardians.
In general, you may visit many pages of the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. We may track the Internet domain address from which people visit the Website, browser type, system type, pages you access on the Site and analyze this data for trends and statistics, but individual users will remain anonymous unless they voluntarily tell us who they are. We may use and disclose aggregate information and other non-personally identifiable information for various purposes including but not limited to internal purposes such as to administer, operate, and improve the Website.
Sometimes (such as when you register yourself or your company, register to receive information, participate in the challenge, comments, surveys, videos, blogs) we may ask you to provide personal information about yourself. If you do not provide this information it may limit the features that you are able to access through our Website. For example, some portions of the Website may only be accessible to registered users. To access and use these restricted features, if any, you would have to provide personal information and become a registered user. We also maintain a record of online transaction through the Website.
Finally, personally identifiable information shall not include information collected in furtherance of any regulatory, investigative, or criminal justice purpose; information collected in furtherance of litigation in which the state is a party; or information that is required to be collected pursuant to any state or federal statute or regulation.
If you believe that any of your personal information is incorrect, or has been changed since your registration at the Website, please contact us immediately.
FAIR INFORMATION PRACTICE PRINCIPLES
Go Code Colorado adheres to the Fair Information Practice Principals of transparency, individual participation, purpose specification, data minimization, use limitation, data quality and integrity, security, and accountability and auditing. If you have any questions regarding this policy and our compliance with these principles, please contact us.
The Website uses cookie technology to improve the quality of your experience. A cookie is a small file that contains information sent by a website that is saved on your hard drive by your computer’s browser. Cookies store information that a website may need in order to personalize your experience and gather website statistical data. Any time you visit the Website to browse or to read or download information, we may collect and store the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet; the internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; your mobile device identifier and other information about devices you use to access the Website, information about your activity while using the Website, the date and time you access the Website; and the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Website. We use this information to measure the number of visitors to areas of the Website, and to help us make the Website more useful and interesting to our visitors. We use information from cookies in the aggregate to analyze for trends and statistics, and then discard it. We do not track individuals, only instances of entry onto the Website.
Some users may not know that cookies are being placed on their computers when they visit websites. If you want to know when this happens, or to prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to advise you when a website attempts to place a cookie on your computer. However, without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all Website features.
DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will share your personal information with our partners and with third-party independent contractors for purposes of: (1) performing functions on behalf of Go Code Colorado; (2) providing you with information and other offerings: (3) tracking information generated through the Website.
We may transfer or otherwise disclose information collected from registered users of the Website to Go Code Colorado’s employees, independent contractors, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, and suppliers, if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional, or technical support function for Go Code Colorado.
Go Code Colorado may also disclose your personal information to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process; to comply with legal, regulatory, or administrative requirements of any governmental authorities; to protect and defend Go Code Colorado, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors, and partners, in connection with any legal action, claim, or dispute; to enforce the Terms and Conditions of the Website; to prevent imminent physical harm; and in the event that we find that your actions on the Website violate any laws, our Terms and Conditions, or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
THIRD PARTY HOSTING
Go Code Colorado contracts with a third party to maintain and host the Website. Therefore, any information you submit, including personal information, will be placed and stored on a computer server maintained by this third party host. The third party has agreed to implement technology and security features and strict policy guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access or improper use.
Go Code Colorado does not provide the technologies used to build the Website, and therefore, neither recommends nor endorses the same. Any information regarding identified technologies, including their capabilities, limitations, and applications, should be sought directly from them. Go Code Colorado hereby disclaims any rights to trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, copyrights, patents, domain names, or other intellectual property interests of third parties.
LINKS TO OTHER MATERIALS
The Website may contain links to other sites and reference to Go Code Colorado’s Partners, including but not limited to, other federal or state agencies, private organizations, or commercial sites. Sites linked to and from the Website are not necessarily under the control of Go Code Colorado, and Go Code Colorado shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the content or privacy practices of any linked sites, or any link or linking program at any time.
Go Code Colorado does not endorse, support or otherwise promote any private or commercial entity that may be reached through links on our Website including but not limited to its Partners.
DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITY NOTICE
The Website and the information it contains are provided as a public service by Go Code Colorado. This Website is monitored to ensure proper operation, to verify the functioning of applicable security features, and for comparable purposes. Anyone using this Website expressly consents to such monitoring. Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this Website, to defeat or circumvent security features, or to utilize this Website for other than its intended purposes are prohibited.
Information presented on the Website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Go Code Colorado shall have the unlimited right to use for any purpose, free of any change, all information submitted to Go Code Colorado via this site. Go Code Colorado shall be free to use, for any purpose, any ideas, concepts, or techniques contained in information provided to Go Code Colorado through this Website.
The Website will contain a public question and comment forum, where users may actively communicate with other users and participate in interactive features of the Website as set forth in the Go Code Colorado Comment Policy.
The Website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration of the information under our control including but not limited to authentication, monitoring, and auditing. Please note, however, that no data security measures can be guaranteed to be completely effective. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information or other information. You transmit personal information to us at your own risk.
EFFECTIVE DATE AND CHANGES
We reserve the right to retain your information as needed to provide you services, or for any other purpose maintained in this agreement. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Terms and Conditions
GO CODE COLORADO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Revised as of January 23, 2013
The services offered by Go Code Colorado (“Go Code Colorado”, “we” or “our”) include the Website and any other features, content, functionality or applications offered from time to time by Go Code Colorado in connection with the use of the Website (collectively, “Go Code Colorado Services”).
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMERS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING GO CODE COLORADO SERVICES. YOUR USE OF GO CODE COLORADO SERVICES CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMERS.
This Terms and Conditions Agreement (the “Agreement”) sets forth the legally binding terms for your use of Go Code Colorado Services. By using Go Code Colorado Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse the Website) or you are a “Registered User” (which means that you have registered on the Website including but not limited to as a Participant, Mentor, or Volunteer). The term “User” refers to both a Visitor and a Registered User. You are only authorized to use Go Code Colorado Services (regardless of whether your access or use is intended) if you agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations, and the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Please read this Agreement carefully and save it. If you do not agree, you should discontinue use of Go Code Colorado Services immediately. If you wish to become a Registered User, communicate with other Users and make use of Go Code Colorado Services, you must read this Agreement. This Agreement includes Go Code Colorado’s policy for acceptable use of Go Code Colorado Services and content posted on the Website, your rights, obligations and restrictions regarding your use of Go Code Colorado Services. Unless otherwise provided by the additional terms and conditions applicable to Go Code Colorado Services in which you choose to participate, those additional terms are hereby incorporated into this Agreement. You may receive a copy of this Agreement by emailing us at: Brian.Gryth@sos.state.co.us.
Go Code Colorado may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by Go Code Colorado on the Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use Go Code Colorado Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
As a Registered User, you have the ability to create a profile to share information about yourself, your team and company on the Website (a “Profile”). Please choose carefully the information you post on the Website and provide to other Users. If you become aware of misuse of the Go Code Colorado Services by any person or User, please contact rian.Gryth@sos.state.co.us.
Go Code Colorado reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any of the foregoing content by you. Go Code Colorado reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Go Code Colorado Services at any time, for violating any of Go Code Colorado’s policies and procedures, posting slanderous, libel, harassing, threatening, sexually explicit or otherwise patently offensive material.
The Website will contain a public question and comment blog, where users may actively communicate with other users and participate in interactive features of the Website as set forth in the Go Code Colorado Comment Policy.
Your use of the Go Code Colorado Services is subject to the following specific terms:
- Eligibility. Use of and registration for Go Code Colorado Services is void where prohibited. By using Go Code Colorado Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) all information you post on the Go Code Colorado Services including your Profile is truthful and accurate; (c) you will maintain the accuracy of all such information; and (d) your use of the Go Code Colorado Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. If you are under 18 years of age, you may only use the Website and Go Code Colorado Services in conjunction with, and under the supervision of, your parents or guardians.
- Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Go Code Colorado Services or are a Registered User. You may terminate your registration at any time, for any reason. Go Code Colorado may terminate your User registration at any time, and per its policies and procedures, without warning for a breach of any policies and procedures of Go Code Colorado. Even after User registration is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect.
- Non-commercial Use by Registered Users. The Go Code Colorado Services are for the personal and professional use of Registered Users only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of Go Code Colorado Services, including collecting User names and/or email addresses of Users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Profiles without notice and may result in termination of User registration. Appropriate legal action may be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of Go Code Colorado Services.
- Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through Go Code Colorado Services.
- The Go Code Colorado Services contain content of Users, Partners, affiliates, and other Go Code Colorado licensors. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the Go Code Colorado Services.
- Content Posted. You are solely responsible for (a) the Content that you post on or through any of the Go Code Colorado Services, (b) any material or information that you transmit to other Users through the Website, and (c) for your interactions with other Users and the Website. Go Code Colorado does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by Go Code Colorado prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Go Code Colorado. Go Code Colorado makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Users.
- Go Code Colorado may delete any Prohibited Content (as defined below). Go Code Colorado assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Go Code Colorado Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time Go Code Colorado chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Go Code Colorado Services, Go Code Colorado nonetheless assumes no responsibility for Prohibited Content, no obligation to modify or remove any Prohibited Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such Content.
- Content/Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Go Code Colorado Services (“Prohibited Content”). Go Code Colorado reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Go Code Colorado’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the Prohibited Content from the Go Code Colorado Services and terminating the User registration of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of Go Code Colorado:
- is patently offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18 to engage in illegal activity;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses other than in connection with the Go Code Colorado profile or the Go Code Colorado Services;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, or “spamming” or anything similar that may exist now or in the future;
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent;
- uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the Profile;
- posts advertisements or solicitations of business, or
- impersonates someone other than the author.
- Go Code Colorado reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Go Code Colorado’s sole discretion, violates this Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to activity in the sole discretion of Go Code Colorado that is:
- Criminal or otherwise inappropriate, in Go Code Colorado’s sole discretion, activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- Advertising to, or solicitation of, any User to buy or sell any products or services through the Go Code Colorado Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Users. It is also a violation of this Agreement to use any information obtained from the Go Code Colorado Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any User. In order to protect our Users from such unauthorized advertising or solicitation, Go Code Colorado reserves the right to restrict access to certain Website functionalities in any 24-hour period to a number which Go Code Colorado deems appropriate in its sole discretion;
- covering or obscuring any information or reference to partners any Go Code Colorado page by means of HTML/CSS or any other means;
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Go Code Colorado Services or the networks or services connected to the Go Code Colorado Services;
- attempting to impersonate another User or person;
- using any information obtained from the Go Code Colorado Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- facilitating any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, , cancelbots, malwares, trapdoors, undocumented passwords, protect codes or any other harmful or malicious software codes, computer instructions, programming routines, or computer routines that may damage, vandalize, subvert, disrupt, disable, detrimentally interfere with, intercept, shut down or expropriate Go Code Colorado’s website or any component of Go Code Colorado’s website; or
- using the Go Code Colorado Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Copyright Policy. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other confidential or proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such materials or rights. It is the policy of Go Code Colorado to terminate the User Registration of any User who infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to Go Code Colorado by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Go Code Colorado Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information to Brian.Gryth@sos.state.co.us: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Go Code Colorado Services; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- User Disputes. Except as set forth in this Agreement, you are solely responsible for your interactions with other Go Code Colorado Users. Go Code Colorado reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
- Disclaimers. Go Code Colorado is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website or in connection with the Go Code Colorado Services, whether caused by Users of the Go Code Colorado Services or by any of the hardware, software or functionality associated with or utilized in the Go Code Colorado Services. Profiles created and posted by Users on the Website may contain links to other websites. Go Code Colorado is not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by Go Code Colorado. Inclusion of any linked website on the Go Code Colorado Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Go Code Colorado. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. Go Code Colorado is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Go Code Colorado Services. Go Code Colorado assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any Profile, Content or communication. Go Code Colorado is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, mobile device or other hardware or software, due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Go Code Colorado Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Go Code Colorado Services. Under no circumstances shall Go Code Colorado be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Go Code Colorado Services, attendance or participation in a Go Code Colorado event or promotion, from any Content posted on or through the Go Code Colorado Services, or from the conduct of any Users of the Go Code Colorado Services, whether online or offline. THE GO CODE COLORADO SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND AS AVAILABLE AND DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THEY ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CONTENT. GO CODE COLORADO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON INFRINGEMENT. Go Code Colorado cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Go Code Colorado Services.
- Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL GO CODE COLORADO BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF GO CODE COLORADO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, GO CODE COLORADO’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNATIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO GO CODE COLORADO FOR THE GO CODE COLORADO SERVICES TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE DATE THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE.
- Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving the Go Code Colorado Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of the United States located in Denver, Colorado.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Go Code Colorado, contractors and employees of Go Code Colorado, Partners, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Go Code Colorado Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the Website or through the Go Code Colorado Services causes Go Code Colorado to be liable to another.
- Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the Website or any of the Go Code Colorado Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a User. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Go Code Colorado regarding the use of the Go Code Colorado Services. The failure of Go Code Colorado to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please contact us at: Andrew.Cole@sos.state.co.us with any questions regarding this Agreement.
Participation Terms and Release Form