When can I start?
This year, you can form your Go Code Colorado team and begin work right away. That’s right: You can code, concept, and get rolling before Challenge Weekend.
- You can also start without a team and show up to Challenge Weekend with your idea and maybe some code.
- You can form a team locally.
- You can form a team on the Go Code Colorado #Slack community. Register for Challenge Weekend to get access to #Slack and the #findateam channel.
- You can attend one of our Local Kickoffs or Sponsored Meetups and find team members. Check out the 2017 Roadshow schedule to attend the next one.
- You can show up April 7th with no idea, no team, and just participate. Just be ready to tell teams what skills you bring to the table.
How do I sign up for challenge weekend?
Choose a location and register here. Make sure everyone on your Go Code Colorado team also registers.
Can I switch locations?
If you want to change locations you can — we just ask that you let the organizers know at firstname.lastname@example.org
What makes a good GO CODE COLORADO team?
The most successful Go Code Colorado teams have skill sets found in developers, designers, marketers, thinkers, and entrepreneurs. Are you one of these? If so Colorado needs you! Building successful, sustainable apps with public data that local businesses can actually benefit from requires all kinds of folks helping. This is hands-on economic development. Your B2B apps will help your local community and support businesses throughout Colorado.
If you are looking for a team, register for Challenge Weekend to get access to Slack. You will be invited to our #findateam channel where you can introduce yourself and specify what you are looking for to find likeminded participants and form a team prior to Challenge Weekend.
We published the Challenge Statement that was created by Colorado businesses (the target market for your app and business ideas). We want to encourage terrific app and business ideas so we don’t have any requirements surrounding when you can start–you can get going today. Challenge Weekend is your chance to get to work in a focused environment, with Go Code Colorado organizers available to help with rules, data, or other questions, as well as tech entrepreneur mentors available to offer their advice for winning ideas.
Challenge Weekends will be held in five regions across the state. This year we are again in Colorado Springs, Denver, Durango, Fort Collins and Grand Junction. Food and drinks are provided, so all you need to bring is your laptop or tablet, an idea and a willingness to go big or go home.
Collaborate. Code. Compete.