Multidisciplinary teams compete in Go Code Colorado to turn public data into useful business insights and tools.
The 2018 Go Code Colorado competition begins with a February Kick-off event in Denver, followed in April by Challenge Weekend events held in five cities across the state (Denver, Fort Collins, Grand Junction, Durango and Colorado Springs). Two finalist teams from each location are selected to participate in an immersive Mentor Weekend. The finalist teams then present their business insights and tools at a Final Competition Event in June in Denver, where three winners are selected. At Challenge Weekend, team insights and tools are judged as they are presented. By the Final Competition Event, teams need a minimum viable product.
The strongest teams are diverse and multidisciplinary, composed of big thinkers, entrepreneurs, software developers, data analysts and scientists, designers, business and marketing professionals, and general doers. The only thing they need to have in common is the passion to make insightful, useful tools for businesses using public data.
Learn more about:
- How to form a team.
- The requirements for the competition.
- Helpful resources Go Code organizers have gathered for teams.
- How to present at Challenge Weekend.
- The timeline for the competition.
- And, if you have questions, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions or send an email to email@example.com to Go Code organizers.